Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Manifesto

Hey all!
So this is the first week of classes here at LSBU. 
I am actually loving the buildings here! 
They are very modern and all quite close. 
I haven't really had "real" classes yet. 
I will post about those this weekend after I have had them. 

This post is based on my first class that is required for study abroad students. 
It's called London: City of Change. 
Basically I walk a lot and learn about London. 
Coolest. Class. Ever. 
Back to class. 
We had to make a manifesto in class on the first day. 
Our manifesto could be anything we wanted but it had to do with our time here in London. 
I really loved the activity because it made me think about what I want to get out of this program. 
I decided to revise my group manifesto and share it with you all. 
So here we go. 

My Manifesto:

I want to explore the parts that others look over. 
I want to leave here a better and more open-minded person.
I want people to look at me after it's all said and done and be able to see the change in me. 
I want that change to for the better. 
I want to diversify myself and learn and love other cultures. 
I want to also remember where I came from and what it has taught me. 
I want to take what I have learned here and apply it to my life in the future. 
I want to accept and love others no matter their differences.

I don't want to fall under a typical stereotype or put others under one. 
I don't want to forget the friends and connections I made here. 
I don't want to gain nothing from this experience. 
I don't want to lose my sense of wanderlust. 
I don't want to forget my friends back home. 
I don't want to squander my time here. 

So this is my manifesto. 
I am sure by the time I leave here it will change. 
I kind of hope not because these are all very important to me. 
I suggest this to everyone.
It's cool to sit down and think about what you want out of life. 
Some of your answers could surprise you. 

Until next time, 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment